7.10.2012

a strange offseason

Nash: 0 assists, Kobe? really?
I know I've been quiet lately. What else can I say? I'm now living in a world where LeBron James is an NBA champion. This generation's most tortured athlete is finally exonerated. As much as I've cheered against him over the years (devoted Paul Pierce fan), it is nice to see the game's most dominant player silence his critics.

Just a week after saying it'd be "hard to put on a Lakers uniform", Steve Nash will be forced to do just that. He requested a sign-and-trade to his old rival and will play alongside Kobe and crew this upcoming season in LA.

The Nets re-signed Deron Williams and traded for Joe Johnson. Should they finally get Dwight Howard, the East could have itself another contender.

The primary shocker for myself was Ray Allen taking a major paycut to join the Miami Heat. He will provide the consistent outside threat that they've lacked the last two seasons; a scary thought for the rest of the league.

So here I am in a world where I will have to cheer against both Steve Nash AND Ray Allen, two of the league's nice guys. Dwight Howard is making the Decision look genius with his PR Blunders. The Brooklyn Nets are assembling a respectable roster (surprise). The Hawks have decided to leave NBA purgatory. When the Mavs seemed prime to contend again, Dirk was left without a respectable guard on his team.

I didn't think interest for the NBA season could get much higher, but contenders are forcing my hand, the upcoming season looks to be very interesting. They aren't even done dealing yet...

No comments:

Post a Comment