12.23.2010

Genesis

Gunnerz! It seems to roll off of the tongue so smoothly. While the word wasn't always a part of my vocabulary, it has certainly become one of my favorites.

A prime example of a gunner.
It derived from my cousin, whom with his silly New York slang, used it to describe the fluidity of Tracy McGrady's game (specifically his jump shot). I loved it! So I began to yell it as I launched my own jumpers, or watched some of the game's best shooters go to work.



What began as basketball terminology, soon became a phrase for everday life. I'll admit, as someone big on self-motivation, I jumped at the concept. Variations like gun it! would get me up in the morning for work, or keep me away from foolishness when homework needed to be done.


So, people close to me associate me with Gunnerz! And that's fine, as long as they understand that it's my thing and my motivation. I encourage everyone to identify those things that push you forward, and draw from them whenever you deem necessary. If you can't come up with anything, feel free to borrow GUNNERZ!


-The Original Gunner


No comments:

Post a Comment